18 Ways To Stop The Bomb
I have been working on my own list of “action items” to make this world a better place, and to make living in it a more enjoyable experience, and found this list created by the folks at Chycho.com, and since many of the points mirror conclusions that I’ve come to myself, I thought it would be worth while to post below, as this list is already typed and coherent.
Below are some suggestions and resources by Chycho.com to help in bringing about a positive change:
- Spend time with who and what you love. Surrounding ourselves with love should help us to remember the beauty of life.
- Learn to filter and recognize propaganda. It is corporations that profit from wars, not individuals. Always apply the filter: ‘Ownership determines content’. “If we accept that it is desirable for individuals to practice moral agency as fully as possible, then we should seek to create a different kind of media system.”
- Your body, your voice, your mind, and your spirit are required at peace rallies for us to reach critical mass. Additional information at the following news sources: CODEPINK: Women for Peace, Raging Grannies, ANSWER Coalition, Stop War, United for Peace, Guerrilla News Network, Move On, Anti War, Common Dreams, bellaciao, PEJ News, OpEd News, Information Liberation, Project Censored, Rense, Information Clearing House, Global Research, Prison Planet, The Raw Story, Gush Shalom, and Truthout
- Stop watching corporate news on TV, they do not provide information, just propaganda. Frequent legitimate unbiased news sources such as: The Real News Network, Democracy Now!, International News Net, Sub Media TV, Free Speech TV, Link TV, and Alternative Radio: Audio Energy of Democracy.
- Stop supporting corporate education and entertainment. Learn about your rights , how society functions, what we have done, and are doing to each other and the planet. Watch and learn from movies and documentaries such as: Earthlings, America: Freedom to Fascism, A World Without Cancer, Fallujah: The Hidden Massacre, Chemtrail: Aerosol Crimes, The Oil Factor: Behind the War on Terror, ‘The Future of Food’ and ‘The World According to Monsanto’, Liquid Crystal Vision, Marcus Garvey: Look for me in the Whirlwind, The Doomsday Code, Iraq For Sale, Plan Colombia, The Revolution will Not be Televised, Freedom Downtime: The Story of Kevin Mitnick, Zeitgeist, and Loose Change.
- Learn about the financial institutions that have been established to profit from the ultimate consuming machine known as war. Watch and share: ZEITGEIST, The Movie: Part 3 of 3 (47:05), and the animated Money As Debt (47:07).
- Stop supporting mass media that has been the voice of government and corporate propaganda and the driving force behind the recruitment, promotion, and continuation of the war agenda. Begin to acquire your news from actual people blogging and reporting on the true nature of life. News blogs such as: What Really Happened, Ya Ya Canada, Dahr Jamail’s MidEast Dispatches, Desert Peace, Daily Kos , plus countless others available on the Internet.
- Write, call, and personally contact your representatives in government ( US and Canada), demanding that they begin to represent you and your family, not corporate money. Realize that most of our representatives have not even begun to grasp the “terminal” path that we are on.
- Not only should you be consuming less and locally, but also producing locally. Corporations over the years have destroyed the infrastructure of local economies, but it is time for us to rebuild. Additional information at Post Carbon Institute, People and Planet, BALLE, 100 Mile diet and numerous other sources available on the Internet.
- Reduce your dependency on oil by using public transportation and or alternative means of transportation. See Critical Mass for additional information.
- Downsize your car and/or convert to hybrid transportation. The sooner you do this the better. This will not only save you money on fuel, it will also allow you to sell your large gas-guzzler before the rise in fuel prices reduces the value of your car to nothing. And you better hurry, because the waiting lists for hybrid cars are long and used models are selling for more then the new cars.
- If you are working for an organization which is actively supporting war then try to find a different occupation which does not require of you to promote the destruction of humanity.
- Begin to invest in yourself instead of Stock markets who launder money while profiting from war. Additional information for Canada at Stop Pension Plan Investments in War!
- Begin to work with nature and not against it by learning about natural resources available in your area. Additional information at: World Changing, Planet Friendly network, and NI Business Info.
- Make healthy eating choices. Studies have found that most bankruptcies are due to medical bills, and since the passing of the Bankruptcy Bill you will no longer be cleared of your debts if you declare bankruptcy in the US, which means that you will become a slave to the banking institutions. This will take away your freedom and force you to abide by their agendas, the main agenda of which is war.
- Support artists against the war and boycott those that support the war. There are many artists who have officially spoken out against the war and are proactive in their attempts to bring us peace. Some of these artists are: Immortal Technique, System Of A Down, Ben Harper, Dead Prez, Dixie Chicks, Serj Tankian, Anti-Flag, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Charlie Sheen, Susan Sarandon, Rose O’Donald, Banksy, Carlos Latuff , Ben Heine, Simon Regis, and even Sean Penn.
- Participate in civil disobedience. Peace organizers are now advocating “people in the antiwar movement to move from protesting to performing acts of civil disobedience that ‘get in the way of the war machine.’”
- Understand that we are one people occupying one planet, and that we are and will be held accountable for the actions of our governments. Learn about our history by reading books such as: Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace, A People’s History of the United States, Hegemony or Survival, Wilhelm Reich in Hell, Mass Psychology of Fascism [PDF], Pirates of the Caribbean: Axis of Hope, The Shock Doctrine, Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, and War Is a Racket written by America’s most decorated general US Marine Corp Major General Smedley Butler.
To read the original post in it’s entirety go here:
Add your thoughts and comments below.