May 13, 2007

Guest Artist Pin-Up Sketches!

Filed under: Announcements,Conventions,Sketches — M Kitchen @ 6:10 pm

Regular visitors will have noticed that I haven’t been posting much artwork recently. Well that is about to change with this post! I have 2 guest artist pin-up sketches. An Ultraist Studios Blog Journal FIRST!

Here we have SPY GUY with THE POSSUM drawn by Blair Kitchen! And the amazing thing about this drawing is that it is the first time in SPY GUY’s 20 year history (my God, has it been that long) that I have seen SPY GUY drawn by someone other than myself! Neat!

Here we have SPUD & HARRY drawn by über-fan Alan Groening. It was drawn on official Ultraist Studios stationary live at A.P.E.’07. Again, the first time in SPUD & HARRY’s 20 year history that I have seen SPUD & HARRY drawn by someone other than myself! Thanks!

There is something exciting about seeing another person draw a character that you’ve created.

1. Those are GREAT! cant wait to see more of them. you should set up a gallery on this site.

Comment by TIE — May 14, 2007 @ 11:04 am

2. During school I went from doodling three dimensional boxes and other shapes to the Spy Guy 2D head. You drew it for me at the beginning of the comic I received, I suck at drawing but mine are starting to look like yours. I can never get the hat right :D. Anyways I like the drawing by Alan Groening, its pretty neat.

Comment by Steven — May 14, 2007 @ 10:16 pm

3. I want a redo.

Comment by Blair Kitchen — May 15, 2007 @ 10:54 am

4. Thai: As soon as I have enough to justify a gallery, I’ll put one up! That WOULD be great!

Steven: Hearing about you drawing Spy Guy heads in school brings back a crazy barrage of memories of me drawing Spy Guy comics in high-school, where I first created the character. It had never occurred to me that making these comics could result in an echo effect of others doodling Spy Guy during school. Reading that made my day! As for the hat, yeah, I can never get the hat right either… you should send in some drawings that can go up in Thai’s gallery.

Blair: Do it!

Comment by M Kitchen — May 15, 2007 @ 4:40 pm

5. So here is just a pic I took of some doodles I was doing a week or two ago (got realllllly bored in math) http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb155/supersteven26/Photo4.jpg. I got tired of trying to draw his hat so… I decided to put different hats on him and sunglasses hehehe.

Comment by Steven — May 16, 2007 @ 5:23 pm

6. Oops http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb155/supersteven26/Photo4.jpg
    That link works.

Comment by Steven — May 16, 2007 @ 5:25 pm

7. HA! I love it!
    Especially all the variations you came up with.

Thanks for posting it.

Comment by M Kitchen — May 16, 2007 @ 8:01 pm

8. Hehe thanks.

Comment by Steven — May 16, 2007 @ 8:44 pm

9. Ya, you totally need a “Chinese Spy Guy” crossover…

Comment by Matt Campbell — May 17, 2007 @ 12:14 am

10. Sweeet, I have mastered the art of drawing his trench coat, but… only when I draw mini versions of him but it still looks good :p.

Comment by Steven — May 17, 2007 @ 9:57 pm