December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Filed under: Announcements,Ramblings — M Kitchen @ 10:59 pm

So this brings us to the end of the 2006 edition of the Ultraist Studios Blog Journal.
There is more to come in 2007, including more webcomics, new features (such as “Before and After”), and with any luck, the next official comic from the SPY GUY Universe: SPUD & HARRY.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to visit, and especially to those who have taken the time to satisfy my junkie fix by leaving a comment.

The TOP 3 Blog Journal Commentors of 2006 were:

3. THAI NGUYEN clocking in with 9 comments. When he’s not trying to get me to work at ILM, Thai has been hard at work spreading the Ultraist virus on the west coast, AND he is the original founding member of the Spy Guy Street Team.

2. MATT CAMPBELL with 23 comments. Matt has been a firm supporter of the Ultraist effort before the Ultraist effort even existed. Matt continues to be the primary source of Ultraist goodness in the greater Boston Legal area.

1. BLAIR KITCHEN with a whopping 39 comments. Blair has been my biggest fan since 1976, and has easily sold more Spy Guy comics than any brick-and-mortar comic shop combined. For that; we at Ultraist Studios salute you!

I’ll send you guys a t-shirt prize.

ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR!!!

1. 39 Comments?!

Watch it Blair – I don’t take to kindly to comin’ in second – I’ll have my eyes on you in ’07.

Comment by Matt Campbell — January 1, 2007 @ 5:47 pm

2. Make that an even 40 comments. Booyah!!

Comment by Blair kitchen — January 2, 2007 @ 12:16 am

3. Cheers everyone. Cant wait to read SPUD & HARRY.

Comment by TIE — January 2, 2007 @ 2:05 pm

4. Look at that. The gang’s all here.
    I wonder what it takes to get people who aren’t friends and relatives to post comments on a blog.

Learning to write and draw better might help.
    Of course that is just part of the process.

Pissing people off?
    That usually works.

Links, posts, plugs, I dunno…

I mean, I look at peoples blogs all the time, and never say anything.

Maybe I should just get more friends and relatives.
    Yeah, that’s it. New Years Resolution!

Comment by M Kitchen — January 3, 2007 @ 4:22 pm

5. I would recommend guerilla marketting.

How ’bout you videotape yourself kicking that MMP in the nuts. Then post it on Utube with a link to your journal?

Comment by Matt Campbell — January 4, 2007 @ 4:01 pm

6. From what Ive seen online, People post very little on blogs no matter how popular the blog is, but people usually post alot on forums.

Blogs. web logs are about the authors voiced opinion a few people usually replies.I think that the format of blogs ,how they are organized makes people unwilling to post because its personal, to friends and family.also people don’t go back to watch if other people replied to previous posting on blogs because of how it is made.

Forums : people submit threads and has higher reply. I think threads are more like open discussion whereas blogs are more like commentary then a discussion. Forums formated to keep track of if people replied to threads. Also people can start threads making it more open than personal.

I don’t know if what i just wrote make any sense.

Comment by TIE — January 4, 2007 @ 7:13 pm

7. Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

My reluctance to putting up a forum is that there is nothing sadder than a forum with no-one posting (see the Creator’s Rights Forum).

That said; perhaps a good in-between would be to find a surrogate forum that already has an audience and find a niche there.

So added to my list of things to do in 2007: Find a surrogate forum, and kick that MPPs nuts on YouTube!

Comment by M Kitchen — January 5, 2007 @ 7:59 am

8. You can always get this to voice you re opinion!

Comment by TIE — January 5, 2007 @ 1:43 pm

9. testing

Comment by TIE — January 5, 2007 @ 2:30 pm

10. test failed

Comment by M Kitchen — January 5, 2007 @ 2:55 pm

11. I think you should find a subject that interests you and a lot of other people and start a forum on your own website. You need to remember: The masses want to be controlled.

Jesus never used no surrogate Pharisees!

Comment by Matt Campbell — January 5, 2007 @ 3:36 pm

12. Hell, run for office in Toronto and always wear a t-shirt that says, ultraist.net.

Politics has always been your subject.

Comment by Matt Campbell — January 5, 2007 @ 3:43 pm